Crucified

To whom shall I turn to
To whose ears shall I cry it out
This dirge of pained heart,
Bewitched and led on
By an elfin lady so fair and enigmatic
Whose laughter of dawn
Has awakened my weary mind
And whose eyes of star
Has mirrored my wounded soul,
I shall wail out at Jenly’s Store
And sob shall I
In a quiet Marble Hall
On the resting hill of the fallen and the forgotten
But will the Jae-o remember its sad rhymes
Will the Balete tree understand its haunting sighs
Shall I then have my vindication
Once I uttered the Seven Last Words atop the hill of Agtawagon?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More