Instant Retreat for the Fast and the Furious


Restlessness keeps me searching for more--no, for something else which may not be necessarily more. What it is, I don't know. But the longing is best expressed at looking at something far off and away. The distant scene attracts. The elusive seems desirous. The not-here tickles the mind and sets the heart aflame.

And a flaming heart reveals the emptiness inside. Becoming but never be. Overflowing and yet empty. Mobile though not seeing the things passed by. Perhaps, I'm moving that fast. Perhaps, I rush frantically into the morrow without having enjoyed today.

Just this afternoon, I stumbled upon a Jesuit website which proffered a 3-minute retreat. Without so much ado, I clicked on the button hoping that my soul's hunger will be satisfied. But it didn't. I was too preoccupied to internalize the device, too restless to sit down and still my soul, even for just three minutes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More