Paint Me a Somber Sky in Monochromatic Blue

Aragorn misses his Lady Arwen. The heavy downpour sets him in reverie.

Rain. More rain.

A dark gray sky. And yet I saw you smile. And I thought, you are weather-proof. Then something inside told me that I ought to smile back. I did smile back, appearing the fool.

But honestly, I find our meeting a kind of sweet and memorable moment, although bordering to melancholic. You beckoned me to follow you to your place. Our pretext, oh, we do have lots of pretext to justify such meeting. We walked in the rain under the protective cover of your umbrella. That was romantic, I supposed. My subconscious though saw the two of us walking away with our reflections painted on the wet pavement and from a vantage point in monochromatic blue. That scene was lovely and yet lonely; so true and yet flawed. It was a sad scenery of a supposed happy moment worth remembering.

Inside your place, you flooded me with your concerns, subtly informing me that I remain to be the man you can count on; your strong arm in times of trouble.  You made me your hero that carries you always out of the troubled waters.  And yet you worry of my failing health, asking me directly if I still experience those dizziness and nausea.

I remember telling you that I got fired up whenever you requested me to do you some favor. You inspired me even if your presence is an interruption.  You excite me even if you disturbed my quiet. And I am always glad to be by your side. Then I felt strong and whole. Life is meaningful, is beautiful and true.

Even if it rained. Even if the rain flooded our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More