Good Night, My God



Psalm 91

You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High
and abide in the shade of the Almighty
Say to the Lord: "My refuge,
my stronghold, my God in whom I trust!"
It is he who will free you from the snare
of the fowler who seeks to destroy you;
He will conceal you with His pinions
and under his wings you will find refuge.
You will not fear the terror of the night
nor the arrow that flies by day,
Nor the plague that prowls in the darkness
nor the scourge that lays waste at noon.
A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand fall at your right,
You, it will never approach;
his faithfulness is buckler and shield.
Your eyes have only to look
to see how the wicked are repaid.
You who have said: "Lord, my refuge!"
and have made the Most High your dwelling.
Upon you no evil shall fall,
no plague approach where you dwell.
For you has he commanded his angels,
to keep you in all your ways.
They shall bear you upon their hands
lest you strike your foot against a stone.
On the lion and the viper you will tread
and trample the young lion and the dragon.
Since you cling to me in love, I will free you;
protect you for you know my name.
When you call I shall answer: "I am with you."
I will save you in distress and give you glory.
With length of life I will content you;
I shall let you see my saving power.

Doxology (bow)

Praise the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit
both now and forever,
The God who is, who was, and is to come
at the end of the ages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More