Remembering Apdo ni San Rafael









Several people I've met these past few weeks had been asking why Apdo ni San Rafael is no longer circulating in the Diocese. My consistent reaction to this questioning was flashing a sad grin and a simple explanation that the current administrator has different priorities, that's why. Deep inside, I hide that sense of wonder upon learning that an ordinary parish-based publication had such a Diocesan-wide readership. What surprises me most was that there was this one laity from outside of Balete who prided me her complete compilation of Apdo. She said that she'd kept them not only as memorabilia. She elaborated that from time to time, she would go over them and reflect on the meaning and the challenges set forth in them.


So I sigh. For what can one man do about it?


"By the rivers of Babylon, there I sat and wept..."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Balete Community College's Humble Beginnings