"She's a diva, the one who popularized songs like, "The Greatest Love of All" and "I Will Always Love You", my prompt reply.
"Ah, does she own a pet?", came the follow up. I was puzzled where the conversation will lead us. My mind was searching the logic of her rejoinder.
"I don't know. Why did you ask?", I answered sincerely.
"Her eyes were always sad. She must have had been mourning the deaths of her pets."
![]() |
| AV and her pet hen, Iyoy. |
![]() |
| Vida and Tat scouting the waterfall in our orchard. |
To process their trauma, I always ask my girls to draw and write some epitaph for their departed pets. That way, after a few weeks their hearts will be ready to welcome another stranger whom again will nurse those tender scars yet in the future will make them cry.
![]() |
| Vita's interpretation of the afterlife of her pets, Sazhu, Penelope and Bush |
Perhaps, Vida is right about her assumption. Whitney Houston must have some pets whose deaths had made her eyes look so sad. Perhaps, she must had been mourning their deaths many a number of times.



No comments:
Post a Comment