A Love Letter to An Elfin Lady



Given the abuse we have done of the environment we lived in, I imagine the stress and pain the elemental are to endure salvaging the goods the Earth. The Ents and the elves are the shepherds of the trees and the forest in the tradition of Tolkien. And men and the industrialist Mordor have systematically destroyed them in the name of development. Such is the threat that can severe the love affair of men and elves. Aragorn (as representative of men) has to soothe the worries in the heart of Arwen (the Princess of the Elves).


My Dearest Lady Arwen:
       I've been meaning to talk to you about the things that I've noticed to have affected you these past few months. I always seem to have the chance but bereft of the courage to articulate them. I don't know why, but the fact is I'm happy to see you smile and saddened whenever I noted your sad eyes. I love to look at your pretty face--such I wish to see each day of my life--which explains why I happen to see the changes in your mood, in your actuation. (Will that qualify me to be your other stalker? Hehehe) 
       Seriously, I'm not trying to interfere with your life, much to intrude. But a part of me wishes to reach out, to express deep concern. These past few days though were crucial. I found myself wrestling with my sense of right and my egotistical tendency. I'm afraid of some foreboding truth--some possibility that --- well....
      I'm really grateful to be given the privilege of friendship. Proud also that you've taken me as someone you can trust with. The romantic part of me has promised you then that I'll be always here for you. To be your shock absorber whenever you need one. But that's poetic. The fact is I can't always be there for you. We both know that. You've experienced that many a number of times. Some people thought I stand on a pedestal of some superhero. But the truth is I'm just someone struggling to live up to my sense of truth and justice, aware of my flaws and imperfections.
       Maybe you've noticed some changes; maybe you don't. Be that as it may, it's human to always build walls, to wear masks as defense mechanism. Love stabs the heart--at times, gently but sometimes, it does deeply. Some lover can bear it though, others can't. Some played the martyr while others just fade out or withered under crisis. True love lives on and beatifies the lover and the beloved. But what of this love I'm professing to you?
                                                                        Constantly loving you,
                                                                         Aragorn


They said that the elves had given up Middle Earth and left it to the care of men. They have sailed their ships into Grey Haven where they commune with the Divine to contemplate His loving presence. As for Lady Arwen, well she has opted to be with her beloved Aragorn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More