Predicament



My mind tells me that I am busy. I do have a lot of workload stock up in my office table. Deadlines are nearing and I seem not to progress at all. So my mind is frantic. It keeps on telling me that I can't afford to be idle. It keeps on prodding me to rush about and avoid distractions along the way.

But my body reacts. Despite the supplements and the vitamins that I'm taking, my body complains. It wanted rest. I seeks respite and diversions. The Friday Boys miss my company for more than a couple of months now. I haven't interacted with them on a quality basis. Now, they scheduled a special session at Arlie's this afternoon. But I can't.

As if to add insult to injury, my heart murmurs. Probably, a side effect of the 3 bars of chocolate given to me by a Someone the other day. As I observe it, a heart murmuring is a restless one. But yet lacking the fire to write poems again, to grab that paint brush and dubs oil on canvass, again.

A restless heart with dying embers at its core...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More