Tête-à-tête with Sophia








     I'm sulking and still, after all those meditatio and contemplatio--my tête-à-tête with Sophia, I still find myself in a quandary whenever I met impatient people. I'm reminded of Thomas Merton's remark on the illustrious Karl Barth whom he considered failing to grasp the meaning of that theological truth: Agnus Die, qui tollis peccata mundi. Perhaps the Rev. Barth missed Jesus' reply to Peter's incredulous remark of the impossibility for one man to win salvation. Or perhaps, he just can't trust Divine Providence to run its course. Or perhaps, just like me, he was still in pursuit for Sophia all along. Fides quaerens intellectum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More