Nocturnal Visitors - II

Philippine Leopard Cat
A small leopard cat (marae), Photo credit: scuba schnauzer @ Flickr

Sleep is elusive tonight. Night owls are hooting in some distant trees. My mind wonders into some undetermined nest where some undetermined numbers of small leopard cat kittens remained restless waiting for their mother to return. Early this morning, Dodoy Pusit reported that a carcass of an adult small leopard cat (Marae) was lying in the middle of the highway just across my place. I was busy to give it a look. I just instructed the reporter to take a shovel and bury the dead wildcat.

Now, as I lie down on my back in my bed tonight, Hypnos failed to pay me a visit. My mind worries about the missed chanced of getting to know the thief of my rabbits--are Marae keen of eating rabbits? My neighbors claimed that they prefer wild fruits--bili, santoe, anungaw-tungaw, pakoe. I worry too what will happen to its brood. Dodoy described the remains to be that of a female one on lactating stage. She was trying to cross the highway perhaps to hunt foods into my property. She got unlucky to be crushed by some unknown vehicle speeding on the bend early morning today.

Philippine Leopard Cat
Photo credit: scuba schnauzer @ Flickr
I know this brooding is not productive. Now, convinced that the twin brother of Thanatos is wading still in the River Lethe,
I will focus my mind on the longings of my heart and summon the creative in me to manifest itself--the so called Socratic midwifery. Ever heard of that? (It just like a Zazen exercise, or what the western mystics call, Centering Prayer. But while the latter are both tolerant of the waves on the river, the former is somewhat rigid that one has to go into the deep and silent waters of the mind.)

So my restless heart starts to project on the paper of my mind the words of its longings:
KUNTA
Kunta hay tama si Einstein / Nga mahinay 't a do adlaw magtunod una sa inyong sanib / Agud sa rato hay bisan paalin eon lang / Ako kimo hay maka-anib / Ag bukon nga kita hay magsub-eang / Sa daean nga makitid nga paeanta nga nataeangan / Ku tawo nga umaeagi kumo daean 't a ku maila ag matulin nga marae / Nga ginahamdum na nga isumsuman sa sangka lapad nga Emperador/ Kaibahan si Sartre ag Wittgenstein.
Kunta hay may kaisog ako sa pagsabat / Sa imong pangutana nga kon ham-an / Nga ako kimo hay pirmi eang ginahidlaw / Nga kon imo nga huyapon, maabo nga bes kita naga-iba sa matag-adlaw / Tumaeagsahon eamang rong tini-on sa akon nga panan-aw/ Nga ikaw pirmi ko nga maka-ibahan / Akon nga pamatyag, madasig 't a ro haponanon magbaktas sa nakatungdan/ Akon nga pangamuyo kaanib ko ikaw makaron, hin-aga hasta sa katapusan / Kunta mangin raya man rong imo nga pamat-bat. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something About Tumbo (Cara y Cruz): A Hypothesis

SOOTHING AS NIGHT WINDS ARE: An Interpretation of the poem by that title by Salvador B. Espinas

Maeocong, Chieftain of the Jae-o No More